Monday, December 04, 2006

LISE WATIER AND OLAY TOTAL EFFECTS

As a result of my previous post, I took it upon myself to purchase the new Olay Total Effects. I was particularly drawn to buy the product because of how Miriam Quiambao in her advertisement. She looked absolutely radiant! I will keep you posted on the improvement of my skin. The product promised to show results in two weeks.

As I lined up at the cashier, I just kept repeating to myself, "I'm not vain! I just needed a daily beauty regimen..." No big deal... :)

Aside from that, I was all set to splurge on beauty products last weekend. I also tried out a newly launched makeup line here in the Philippines. Lise Watier, a Canadian makeup brand, is presently available at Marionnaud, a cosmetics chain in France. I had been using Bobbi Brown's Pressed Powder for three years now. I tried several brands in between, Le Clerc, Shu Uemura, Rice Powder, etc. But I kept coming back to Bobbi Brown, which you could avail of in its lone counter here in Manila at the Rustan's Department Store in Glorietta.

While I was strolling around Mall of Asia, I stumbled into Marionnaud, me and my hypnotized feet.. Who wouldn't be drawn to it? The sight of an enormous MAC and Origins Counter was all too difficult to resist. And then there, I found a counter of Becca Cosmetics from Australia, which I have read in various magazines. But they had limited shades available for girls like me who hated looking like Kabuki ladies. I prefer to look like a sunkissed bronzed diva hahaha...

The consultant there recommended Lise Watier Teint Multi-Fini in Ambre. It was an oil free powder foundation, which if applied dry, would cover like a pressed powder. If applied wet, it would give more coverage. Ambre was a shade darker than my natural skin tone. But I love it! It seemed like I stepped out of the sunny sunshine beaches of Boracay. I would definitely recommend it. It costs P1,950 at the Marionnaud in Mall of Asia.

It came with a free express manicure since there was a promo if you spent at least P1500 until November 30, 2006. I signed up for their Loyalty Card, where you can get rebates from your purchases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[color=#ddaa77]Interesting post! thank you for sharing this information. michie007.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#ddaa77]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]