Tuesday, February 06, 2007

THE LIVE A.I.D.S. MONOLOGUES

Last Sunday, I went to U.P. to witness the yearly comedy variety show, Live A.I.D.S. (Ang Istoryang Dinebelop ng SAMASKOM)produced by the UP SAMASKOM, a resident organization of the UP College of Mass Communications. This show is well-known all over the UP campus and beyond and has produced extraordinary comic and theatric talents like R.S. Francisco, Rene "Ate Glow" Facunla, Tuesday Vargas, etc. This was the fourth Live Aids I've seen in the last 5 years.

The show, entitled "The Live A.I.D.S. was slated to start at 2pm, it started at 3:30pm. No surprise to me, I was used to this lifestyle back in my UP days. Delayed showtimes, long long queues... But when it started, there was no turning back. The show went on for another 2 and a half hours. I was laughing my heart out the entire time, I think I was about to experience an asthma attack! The script was very witty, typical UP humor, but I think it was funny for the general public as there were non-UP students in the audience and they laughed at every scene as well.

I don't actually remembered how many monologues were there. But the show was really worth it, tickets were sold at P250 and P150 for the matinee. I also got the chance to revisit the grandeur of UP, sprawling fields, wide and free :) It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon :)

Postscript: By the way, I heard in the ANC show, Korina Today, that UP SAMASKOM is staging a repeat of THE LIVE A.I.D.S. MONOLOGUES, on March 10, 2007 at the Music Museum. There will be a matinee show and a gala show. I don't know where tickets are available. I'll keep you posted on further developments.

No comments: