Friday, March 02, 2007

TEACHING BEDAN COLLEGE STUDENTS

Yup, I'm a college professor. I teach Law on Obligations and Contracts to College Students in San Beda College, Manila. It's been a really challenging job. I take it quite seriously. I try my best to encourage them to study yet enjoy such a complicated and difficult subject. I had difficulty in the same subject when I was a law student myself. So I want them to see the light of day, so to say.

Last night, I had to scold them since I gave a quiz and saw that most of them copied from each other. I contemplated long if I had to discuss it with them. But I realized that I had to make it a big deal out of it, just so I could prove a point. It was then that I reminded myself that I wasn't a buddy but a professor.

I'm having a blast teaching. I had previous experience teaching toddlers in Japan. I should tell you though, I dont think there is much a difference! These college students still act like kids! A really noisy bunch!

Let me present to you: the new boys and girls in my life :)

No comments: