Saturday, March 31, 2007

CAFE BRETON

Everyone who loves crepes knows Cafe Breton by heart. It is a quaint French creperie which made crepes (wafer thin pancakes) famous around the Metro. I miss the old branch at Maria Orosa in Malate where their cutest cafe was located at. It had a big window on its second floor facing the roadside. Too bad they closed it down. Now we frequent the branch at the Ground Floor of the Podium in Ortigas Center, Pasig City.

La Pinay (Mango crepe a la mode with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top) is the variety that made Breton famous. After ordering it far too many times, my sister and I decided to venture to new things. Here are two of our favorites:



La Delice- Banana Crepes with Nutella Hazelnut Spread and Almond Chips, Topped with Vanilla Ice Cream



Deja Vu- Mangoes with Caramel Syrup, Topped with Whipped Cream and Vanilla Ice Cream

For me, Breton serves the best Cappuccino in the Metro. You can order single or double servings for less than a hundred bucks. But during our last visit, I decided to go iced and ordered their Cafe Ligeois (I don't know if I spelled it right) It was good as well, though nothing really new



A lot of creperies have sprouted around the Metro, but I'd have to say the original is still the best. Breton is still on top of my list.

No comments: