Saturday, March 31, 2007

MEAT PLUS CAFE




I was in Subic during the entire workweek to attend a Workshop on Land Administration and Management Reform at the Legenda Hotel inside the Subic Bay Freeport. It was a very hectic and tiring week for me. But I did welcome the trip outside Manila, to enjoy clean air and green views. The surroundings in Subic are still very relaxing, although it is very noticeable how many establishments have closed down due to the decrease in tourist arrivals. A lot of duty free shops have gone, leaving only Royal Subic Mall, apparently run by the Shopwise (Rustan's) chain of supermarkets and Freeport Exchange, as the only big groceries/mini-department stores around that area.

But it was a relief to know that Meat PLus Cafe, the well-known steakhouse of old, where your slabs of meat are cooked while you wait. I was able to sneak out to try out their food fare but since lately, I've been bitten by the burger craze, I decided to try it out.

I ordered the Meat Plus Burger Combo (P150) which came with a sideorder of fries and coleslaw and a choice of soda, iced tea or lemonade. The burger had two patties of considerable size, with melted cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. No frills, but cooked medium well done. I enjoyed it a lot. It was not spectacular, but it suited my taste perfectly, coz I finished the entire sandwich!



A closer look at the burger



I would recommend it, apart from the other items on the menu. You should be going there if you're suffering from a serious steak craving. Everyone around me seemed to be enjoying their orders. But I guess I'd have to go back to Subic to be able to agree with them.

Meat Plus Cafe is located at Subic Bay Freeport, right across the Freedom Exchange Store.

No comments: